Two-circuit circuit breaker

Old 10-21-06, 12:25 PM
Exclamation Two-circuit circuit breaker

I have a 15 amp 220 V circuit in my home for air conditioning. I want to find a replacement circuit breaker that can be used to control two circuits - one for the air conditioning and the other for baseboard heaters. In other words, I want to use one circuit to feed my air conditioning in summer and electric baseboard heaters in winters. The circuit breaker must be able to switch the air conditioning circuit off and the heating circuit on, and also to turn the heating circuit off and the air conditioning circuit on. Is there such a breaker?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-06, 01:09 PM
Why? Why not ADD the proper circuit breaker for the heat?

Old 10-21-06, 01:22 PM
Exclamation

My breaker panel is full. Can't add any more breakers. An electrician told me about these cross-over breakers for dual circuits where only one will ever be used at a time.

Old 10-21-06, 01:36 PM
Obviously the answer to your question depends on what panel you have. Contact an electrical supply house for assistance, or check th web site of the panel manufacturer. We cannot help you without any information.

Have you considered tandem breakers? Have you considered a sub panel, which will allow for future expansion?