100 amp service

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-06, 03:36 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 433
100 amp service

I am running 100 amp surface for a friend , he has provided the meter base, and the main panel. I will be buying the service head, and cable and attachemtn hook thingy, the two big romex connectors to enter the box and leave the meter base. also i have to get the watretight hub for the cable to go into the base.

So questinos:

4 awg aluminum service entrance wire - Good for 100 amps?
What size coinnectros for the meter base top hub and bottom romex connectors? 1 1/4??

I said i would would do it for 200 bux.

Plus the materials . Does this sound reasonable?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-06, 03:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 10,539
> 4 awg aluminum service entrance wire

Minimum #2 aluminum is required for 100A.

> Does this sound reasonable?

Charging money to do unlicensed electrical work probably makes it more illegal. That's between you and your friend.
Old 10-25-06, 04:03 PM
Speedy Petey's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,455
After this original post I can honestly say you are doing a disservice by doing any electrical work for a fee. Or any electrical work at all for that matter.

"attachemtn hook thingy" - Are you kidding me?!?

I personally think a mod should close this thread now before it gets out of hand.
Old 10-25-06, 04:07 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 18,774
I think the two previous answers will suffice.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes