Outlet Problems

Old 11-04-06, 01:31 PM
Outlet Problems

My daughter lives in a large apt complex. She has a number of electrical outlets that are not working properly. When using blowdryers or culing irons in her bathroom they work properly for a while, but after a month or so they quit working. Example, her current blowdryer will only run on the low setting. If you try to run on the High setting it gets hot and shuts itself off. The curling irons will just stop working after a while. While I was there this summer, on the same wall but upstairs, she plugged a fan in and it wouldn't work. After five minutes it began working. My son was there at the time hooking up her computer and he has two years of electrical technician classes and told her to immediately call the landlord. Unfortunately, that was months ago and they still haven't responded. I even called them myself to no avail. I'd like to give the landlord more specific information to lead them in the right direction but my son lives away and I'm lost as to what to do next. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-06, 02:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hound the landlord. Threaten to call any department in the city or town which deals with rental problems or electrical inspection. Have her check to see if she can hold her rent in escrow until the apt. is safe.

Sometimes you need to smack a donkey between the eyes with a 2 X 4 to get it's attention.

Old 11-04-06, 03:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome,

Call again, and let them know the next call goes to the houseing authority, then the inspections dept.

This will get their attention.

Old 11-04-06, 03:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome,

Call again, and let them know the next call goes to the houseing authority, then the inspections dept.

This could be a very serious issue, affecting every tennant, or isolated to this one unit.
Either way every tennant could be in jeopardy.

This will get their attention.