Halo recessed lighting installation clips

Old 11-06-06, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Halo recessed lighting installation clips

Thanks for previous advice on my recessed lighting project. I've got the holes cut and cable in place and have started putting the Halo recessed lights (5 inch IC remodel) in and am having a frustrating time with what I think should be the easiest part - namely, putting in those little clips that are supposed to snap into place to hold the fixture snug in the opening. Each light is taking only 10 minutes or so to make the electrical connections, but then I am struggling with the clips for 30 minutes or longer. Sometimes they go right in an snap in place like they are supposed to. Other times they don't seem to snap into place. I was wondering if there is a technique or "tip" on this that someone experienced with the Halo lighting could provide? I was thinking that maybe some loose insulation was getting in the way so I'm careful to keep it pushed back a little but this didn't seem to help. Sometime the clips work easily and sometimes they don't. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-06, 02:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Before you snap in the fixture give the tabs a little bend out. On the outside of can, Ya know, kind of stretch them out.