3 Outlets stopped working

Old 12-12-06, 12:01 PM

I have 3 outlets located in kitchen area that have stopped working. I checked them with the voltage tester and no response. I tested working ones and got a response. I checked one of them and the ground had come disconnected, so I reconnected it. This didn't solve the problem though. Is it possible that 3 seperate outlets would all go bad at once? Should I replace the outlets or just call in an electrician for this issue. I checked the breaker box and that's fine. Also, the GF switches are fine. Thanks for any adivice. James

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-06, 12:11 PM
Circuit

Check GFCI receptacles in adjacent rooms, garage, basement, or outside. One could be tripped in an unlikely location.

Old 12-12-06, 12:16 PM

I only have 2 as far as I know in the downstairs bathroom and upstairs bathroom. Should I go ahead and install one in the kitchen to see if that helps? I moved here a couple years ago and the house was built in 1985.

Old 12-12-06, 12:29 PM
A wire has come loose. Check every receptacle in the kitchen. One of them (could be a working one or a not working one) has an open connection.

Old 12-12-06, 01:18 PM
3 Outlest stopped working

Thanks Racraft. I'll give that a try and see what happens.