remotes and switches on fan

Old 12-21-06, 05:48 PM
remotes and switches on fan

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to control a fan with a remote and a switch too? The fan has a remote and reciever (I installed) that gives it 3 speed fan, dimming lights and reverse on it. I wanted to have switches on it also that offered 3 speeds and also another that dims its lights. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-06, 06:01 PM
You can get 3-way dimmers. Maybe 3-way fan switches. Remotes with a 3-way wired fan and light interface, probably not.

I would just buy an extra, identical remote tuned to the same receiver. Is there a reason this wouldn't work for you?

Old 12-21-06, 06:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Your remote came with a wall mount, so it can replace the switch. Now, you can't run a fan/light at full potential with a wall dimmer and a remote. If the wall dimmer is on low, and you want to turn it on high with the remote, you won't be able to, as "low" is all you have. I would opt for a toggle switch on the wall and a remote for controlling the speed/illumination changes, and mount its holder near the wall switch.

Old 12-26-06, 10:33 AM
Hello,

Sorry it took me awhile to respond.

Is there a reason why this won't work for me?
I just would’ve liked to be able to control it from the wall as well as from a remote. Remotes get lost, although they might be convenient if you are sitting on a couch and don’t want to get up. Remotes are nice I guess.

If that wasn’t possible I was going to try and just have a main on and off wall switch for the fans and have them on a remote too control them as well like you suggest. This is for two fans. The remotes and receives have 4 switches on them two control there frequency. I was going to have both fans on the same frequency with one remote to control both of them. This would work right. They won’t get out of sync at times etc. Thanks.