pluggins

Old 12-30-06, 11:41 AM
pluggins

sorry i know nothing about this but my microwave and pluggins to washroom and kitchen and fridge dont work now.Blew out when i was using microwave.I think its the breaker right? I think i know where the breaker box is in this house but its painted over and doesnt look familiar to me.It has 5 switches.Do i need to open that to change something?
sorry my english isnt very good and my knowledge of electrical crap is minimal.

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-06, 11:56 AM
What do you mean you don't know where your breaker box is located? This information is basic home knowledge and could save your life. Didn't you look at it before you bought the house, or shortly after moving in if you are renting?

Find the breaker box or fuse panel (start by looking near where the electric meter is located). Look for a tripped breaker or blown fuse.

If you do not find a tripped breaker or a blown fuse then call an electrician.

Once you solve your problem take the time to completely and thoroughly map out your electrical system. You need to know what is on each and every circuit, and what circuit controls each and every light, receptacle and appliance in your residence.

Last edited by racraft; 12-30-06 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-30-06, 11:59 AM
Despite your disdain for our language you seem to understand the english euphamisms pretty well....alot of us would take severe offense to you calling our jobs and careers CRAP. Let alone the fact that you knmow nothing about it. So i would caution you about your choice of words on this forum we are here to help those willing to help themselves. We can help you only by having as much information as you can provide. Being as you have really provided minimal information This is about the maximun help i can give you...hire an electrician that does know about this CRAP and good luck.

Old 12-30-06, 12:00 PM
You may have a circuit breaker tripped. To reset, you must push it all the way to the OFF position first, to reset, then push to ON position. If you have paint inside the panel on the breakers themselves, this is not good and you should probably get an electrician to check it out.

If you are using a microwave on the same circuit where you may have other kitchen appliances, like a cofee pot, and also a bathroom receptacle ...hair dryer, etc. you will have frequent problems, as the circuit is overloaded.

If you are in an old house, where the electrical design never anticipated all of todays modern conveniences, you are in a quandary. If you own this , consider having some new circuits installed. If you are renting, suggest to the landlord that the electrical is unsatisfactory and would he consider doing some minor upgrades.

Old 12-30-06, 01:38 PM
thanks alot to everyone exept Sthrnamp who needs to relax a little and not take everything personally.
turns out there was alot of paint around the switchs and it eventually pushed all the way up and started to work again.

Old 12-30-06, 07:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Talking

Originally Posted by Sthrnamp View Post
Despite your disdain for our language you seem to understand the english euphamisms pretty well....alot of us would take severe offense to you calling our jobs and careers CRAP. Let alone the fact that you knmow nothing about it. So i would caution you about your choice of words on this forum we are here to help those willing to help themselves. We can help you only by having as much information as you can provide. Being as you have really provided minimal information This is about the maximun help i can give you...hire an electrician that does know about this CRAP and good luck.

"Lighten up Francis"