I need some help with small project...

Old 01-08-07, 06:32 PM
I need some help with small project...

Hello everyone and thank you for your time and expertise.

I have a small studio-condo in CA. I have been doing some upgrading.

I decided to make a island arched-window between the kit and living-room and it looks good my problem is the electrical I seen to have a live conection coming from upstairs that feeds the swicht light in the kitchen and the power outlets (one in the kitchen and one in the livingroom)

My problem, I want to add to that live conection 2 power outlets inside the kitchen and one in the living room and at the same time provide power for the ligtht swicht in the kitchen and a dimmer swicht for the 3 recessed lights inside the arched-window.
I can not add a new breaker because the building is too old and it has the breakers on the hallway outside my studio.
my problem is that I do not know if i will be over charging that breaker and if that single live line will be enough for all of those tasks.

what can i do? Am I in the right path?
Please help..

I really apreciate it.

thank you,

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-07, 07:59 PM
You can start by reading one or two books on home wiring. After you read these books you may should have the knowledge to decide if what you are asking is feasible, and you will know if it is something you can do.

As an alternative, you can call an electrician.

Electricity can, and does, kill people. Don;t attempt something you do not understand.