Broken Knob/handle On A Ariston Margherita 2000

Old 01-13-07, 09:09 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Broken Knob/handle On A Ariston Margherita 2000

[I hope I write this in a clear and logic way -- please bare with me, english is not my native tounge -]

I broke the god forsaken knob/handle on my Ariston Margherita 2000 -- or mine, I just moved into this flat that I share with fellow students, and the first thing I did was to break the god damn plastic handle on this machine, when I tried to open it. Beautiful start on a new friendship, hahha! Sweet lord.

Anyway, I searched the web and found this praised Washing Machine Oasis. My main problem as you can see is that I can't open up the washing machine, which still has clothes inside it. Now my question -- is it possible to open the washing machine with out the handle? Could I somehow hotwire the satanic machine, and make the lock open up -- with some tools, or with some kind of black magic? We were thinking about trying to glue the handle back on -- but it seems like a terrible bad idea. Second choice was to wait until monday to call some company to come and repair it -- but first I would like to try all different options and to try open it up myself.

Please give me suggestions on what to do. And... I have said it before, and I will say it again -- the web might save human kind. This kind of solidarity that these kind of sites show makes me crazy happy.

OK. All I need is help. HELP. I will surely reach out when you are in [email protected]#

-------------

I just visited the service man, and the reparation would cost around 100 EURO. So, one more option is added: The Sledgehammer.

Any ideas?

--------------

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-07, 09:41 AM
R
If this is a rental property, call the landlord.

Old 01-13-07, 09:59 AM
B
Why the hell would the landlord care about a handle on a margarita maker?!

Old 01-13-07, 12:35 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
The Ariston Margherita 2000 is a popular washing machine in the U.K. and European Union. I found a replacement handle kit on ebay.co.uk for L1.20.
I could not tell positively from the pictures I found, but it appears to be a spring loaded snap latch. Try prying the mechanism, not the door, with a screwdriver. You may be able to open it. Then get a replacement kit and replace the broken one before closing it again.

Old 01-13-07, 07:37 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
On this side of the pond my first suggestion would be to call the manufacturer's help line. I'd guess similar service is available your side of the pond. They might even send you the part after explaining how to get the door open.