Garage Converted Into Reptile Facility

Old 01-15-07, 08:48 PM
Garage Converted Into Reptile Facility

Ok well my name is Charles. One of my hobbies is breeding reptiles, I have a very large collection and currently want to convert my garage in my facility. As of now the way have R-13 and No plastic yet. I hired someone to add additional power via sub panel to the garage from existing power from the house, Which is done now... My issues is the following... I have tired to hired tow different people to do this job but I have lost money each time and the job still is not complete. I am here to get help completing my project myself. I will get a camera to post images once question have been asked for me to find out what I need to know...

Thanks for your time...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-07, 09:00 PM
"I hired someone to add additional power via sub panel to the garage from existing power from the house, Which is done now."

"I have tired to hired tow different people to do this job but I have lost money each time and the job still is not complete. I am here to get help completing my project myself."

Questions: Is it "done now?" Or, is it "the job still is not complete?"

Old 01-16-07, 05:40 AM
I would contact your lawyer, especially if you are out money for broken contracts.

As regards the power, hire an electrician. Wiring sub panels and an outbuilding is not the place to start for a beginner. You need to start with simple stuff.

This time, have your lawyer look over the contract with the electrician, and don't go with the lowest bider.

Old 01-16-07, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Talking Ya, I'll bite too.

Welcome to our forums Charles.
Got us curious, what are you needing?

If you are at the vapor barrier stage in your project this is a very important step, especially in a cold climate.
You will need fairly high humidity in this space and good ventilation to keep ammonia vapors down.

Let us know roughly where you live and details of the garage and new electrical work.