extension bulb changer for recessed halogen 2"

Old 01-27-07, 02:28 PM
Question extension bulb changer for recessed halogen 2"

I have a cathedral ceiling where I have to change 45 watt 130V holgen narrow floods that are 2" in diameter. I own a Giraffe Sure grip changer, but it does not have a small enough attachment to grip a 2" flood. I know Giraffe makes accessories, but cannot find them online. Does anyone know of ANY changer with an attachment that will grip a bulb this small so I can change them? A ladder that large is out of the question.
Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-07, 03:22 PM
nap
A ladder how large?

I can't help you find the neccessary attachments but want to offer some advice that may make your task easier in the future.

Bulb lube. Light bulb grease. or whatever you want to call it but it is basically silicone grease. Applied to the threads of the lamp help prevent the lamp freezing in the shell of the fixture.

Don't over do it. Use it very sparingly.

I do some work at a church where the custodian usually changes the lamps with a 20 foot stick on pendant (hanging) fixtures. They offer virtually no resistance to the rotation so any seizure is a real PITA.

That guy swears by the stuff.

Old 01-27-07, 04:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wink

DUCT tape---- use -#375--- You need to make the adjustments.

Old 01-27-07, 08:23 PM
Suction cup...works most times provided the bulb doesn't break...when is does there usually involves a large ladder and a lot of cussing the guy that gave you the suction cup advise in the first place...(But it has a does work for me)