Outdoor electrical / Roofing tar or pitch

Old 01-31-07, 08:30 AM
Outdoor electrical / Roofing tar or pitch

I live in a camper that is hooked to the barn (110) with extension cords, but want it hardlined to the main house (220) which is about 250' away. I am looking for 10/2 outdoor wire and can't seem to find any. I can't use the microwave or coffee pot at the same time the furnace or fridge goes on or pop! I have to put a new fuse in the barn, those old round ones. The electrical in barn and house are from when it was built in 1920 except for the one 220 box for the dryer.
I am also looking for a product I can use now, in winter (20 degrees) to paint on my camper roof. I have a leak that is spreading and I can't wait till it warms up outside.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-07, 09:22 AM
There are about 200 things you need to know to do this job safely. It's not beyond the ability of an experienced DIYer, but it will take quite a bit of study.

Old 01-31-07, 04:43 PM
Agreed. It will be pretty expensive also.....or at least labor-intensive. You'll need to dig a ditch a minimum of 24" deep to lay the cable in <check me on that guys> and meet code requirements.

Old 01-31-07, 05:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I believe it's a minimum of 18", but could be wrong.

Old 01-31-07, 06:55 PM
10/2 outdoor wire is not what you need or want. With more information we can better tell you what you do need.