Wiring TWO ovens?

Old 02-04-07, 09:05 AM
Smile Wiring TWO ovens?

I am just in the THINKING stage, but I am considering TWO ovens in this house we are FLIPPING.

At present there is a smaller built-in oven, and we have purchased a new free standing RANGE-OVEN combination that we will be pushing into a spot within the kitchen and would like to KEEP the smaller built-in oven as well.

Can I install a junction box that feeds both from the present line, or do I need separate feeds from the main power box? I'm at home as I write this, so have not looked into the breaker size presently supplying power to the smaller oven, and the wire size and length of the run that is now powering the oven.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Dale
Indy

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-07, 09:09 AM
Run a new feed for the free standing range.

An existing oven only circuit is probably not capable of supplying the range with enough current in the first place, and certainly not both at the same time. There are also code rules that apply, but since the circuit can't support the load the code rules are moot.

I recommend running wire capable of supporting a 50 amp range, although the one you purchase may only require 40 amps.

Old 02-04-07, 11:18 AM
Smile

Thanks for the GOOD info.

Dale
Indy