What specific type of wire do I need

Old 03-09-07, 06:44 PM
jdu is offline
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 22
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What specific type of wire do I need

I am going to add a 70A subpanel a distance of 40ft from the main panel in the same building. The wire will be run in a dry location and it will be under the house so that it will not be subject to damage. I do not want to use conduit. So, what kind of #4AWG wire can I use? I heard the term Romex, and I also see there is SER type and NM type, which are both sheethed. What would be best for my application?

Old 03-09-07, 07:06 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Whichever you can get more cheaply.
Old 03-10-07, 07:14 AM
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: welland ontario
Posts: 8,281
Received 439 Votes on 366 Posts
You must use a sheathed cable. You can not use individual conductors.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: