bonding jumper?

Old 03-15-07, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question bonding jumper?

hello, when we wire subpanels for enclosures for machines, i'm having trouble finding in the NEC what size conductor for bonding jumpers for connecting the enclosure doors ,sub panels ,etc. to our main terminal block point. i know when you go by breaker size for say a 60 amp brkr you use 8awg for the equipment bonding jumper, but what about the other things i'm talking about that are just bonding jumpers?
thanks Randy

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-07, 05:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I personally am having a hard time understanding your question. You want to bond the doors???

In the NEC we use table 250.122 for this. And for 60 amps the correct EGC is #10cu.

It seems as if you are asking about an industrial setting. This is well out of the scope of DIY work. What is your trade?

Old 03-15-07, 08:12 PM

hello, i'm an ind elec/apprentice . in the code book i see where you're talking but does this mean if i want to put a bonding jumper on the doors,we only do this if there's pushbuttons on it, and we put a bonding jumper on the subpanel to the groung terminal blocks, that you use all the same size conductor? it seemed a little confusing in the bonding jumper section in the NEC. thanks

Old 03-16-07, 10:07 AM
See this.

http://www.iaei.org/subscriber/magazine/98_f/simmons_fig2.gif

Old 03-16-07, 04:01 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I cannot find anything that would give you any specifics for size of conductor but here is my take on it.

I would size the bonding jumper to the OCPD of the circuit(s) utilized on the panel door (as a minimum). I would make it no smaller than the largest wire used on the panel door.