S fuse adaptors


Old 03-17-07, 06:40 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 338
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am hesitant to consider pursuing this despite all the advice (from people I respect) strongly discouraging it, but the contact point supplying line current on one of my type S fuse adapters (the part of the adapter with which the tip of the Type S fuse makes contact) blew off when the fuse was screwed in (as a result of a (since corrected) direct short downstream in the circuit). I cannot fathom that the entire panel will need to replaced as a result of this. Adding a sub isn't really an option because the panel is flush mounted in the family room. Is there really no safe and effective way to remove the adapter (and of course, replace it with another)?

Last edited by John Nelson; 03-17-07 at 07:47 PM. Reason: start new thread
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-07, 08:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA.
Posts: 2,113
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

You lost a slot. If you want it back.. Upgrade the panel.

Spend a dime and save a buck.

There is no real way to recapture that spot, By the time you try to.. the money,time and effort put into it. The job would be done.

I can't believe I even typed that.... Change out the panel.
Old 03-17-07, 11:22 PM
rdn2113's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wally World
Posts: 451
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
lectriclee is correct. But just for fun, take a look at www.fuseone.com.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: