Old humidity controller needs removed

Old 04-13-07, 08:25 PM
Unhappy Old humidity controller needs removed

I am trying to replace my old thermostat for the A/C and right next to it is a 27 year old humidity control box. I do not know what this is connected to, but I need to remove it in order to install the new thermostat. Can I just cut the wires to it, cap them and push them into the wall? They will not pull any further out of the wall.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-07, 09:38 PM
Wink

I check it out how it is tied in to the tstat there first. We use to put them in on the R wire to the tstat there. So like if you are going to be gone for a time. You would set the humidity control to what you want and then turn the tstat to cool and push it all the way down. This way the AC would not run just to cool the home it would only run if the humidity got to high . When you got home you would set it so it was callimg all the time but the tstat was set for the temp you needed.

So all I can say is check all the wires out. It didnt control a humidifier in the furnace did it???????? You might have to tie the two wire together for R to go to that tstat

Old 04-14-07, 08:32 AM
Thank you so much for the quick reply. My old thermostat has an RH wire that is connected with a small jump wire to the RC connection. Without tearing a hole in the wall I can't tell if the humidity control is connected to the old thermostat.

How do I find out if the humidity control is connected to the thermostat and/or furnace?

Old 04-14-07, 09:31 AM
Wink

Turn power off. mark how or where all wires go. Take them off. Turn power on then with meter check them all out as to where they go . As i dont know what all or how you have it all there . lets go this way.

R is power from the transformer24V if you have only one it will go to R --RH--RC. Now if you jump R to W should be heat R to Y cool and R to G is just fan on