Main Panel to Shop Load Center

Old 05-01-07, 08:30 AM
Main Panel to Shop Load Center

I currently have a CH MBE4040B200BTS Meter main panel on my pump house drawing only power to run booster and well pumps, here is what I wish to do:
Add a CH BRS225 (feed thru) to a CH BR4040B200 Main Breaker sub panel for my shop. Both panels are only 200 amp service, I will not be running more than the compressor ans 1 other item at a time (aside from lighting). Does anyone forsee a problem with my thoughts?? I have a PDF file of my shop elec drawing and the hookup.

Thanks,
Bob

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-07, 08:42 AM
What is a meter main panel? Do you mean the meter base?

Also those numbers mean nothing to us without the make for the panels...

Old 05-01-07, 09:11 AM
I would assume that they are Cutler Hammer panels. The CH is a give away as are the looks of the part numbers.

Old 05-01-07, 10:48 AM
I don't know why you need that other panel. Just run the shed as a sub off the meter-main panel, probably with 6/3 UF on a 50A breaker.

Old 05-02-07, 01:16 PM
Clarification

The Main Panel has the meter in it... Hence Metered Panel, whereas the sub-panel is an extension of the metered panel using feed-through lugs (BRS255) to a the breakered 200 amp sub-panel which would run all my equipment in my garage (shop).. 7hp (220v)compressor (30 amp), (220v)table saw (30 amp),(3phase w/static converter,50 amp)LeBlonde Lathe, 2 welders (mig/tig,50 amp breaker). I can only run one item (only me) along with the lighting and compressor, which leads back to my original questions, and yes, they are Cutler-Hammer part numbers.

Thanks,
Bob