Kitchen Receptacle Questions

Old 05-24-07, 05:18 AM
Kitchen Receptacle Questions

1. I have a kitchen receptacle about a foot off the floor, under a window, away from the appliances and countertops. Can this be on one of the two small appliance circuits, or can it be on any one of the other circuits in the house?

2. I have a dedicated circuit for the garbage disposal (and will use for the dishwasher, after it gets installed). I need a receptacle in the crawl space - can I tap into this circuit for that?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-07, 05:26 AM
1. It needs to be on one of the small appliance circuits. It does not need to be GFCI protected, but it can be.

2. While you could tap this in the crawl space I do not recommend it. I recommend that circuits serving lights or receptacles in crawl spaces or attics be end of the run, so that if a problem occurs it only effects the crawl space, bot the entire circuit.

Old 05-24-07, 07:58 AM
Can I tap into the small appliance circuit for the receptacle in the crawl space? I have an opportunity to do so at the end of the run.

Old 05-24-07, 09:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
> Can I tap into the small appliance circuit for the receptacle in the
> crawl space?

No. The small appliance circuits may only serve receptacles in the kitchen, pantry, and/or dining areas.