service entrance cable


Old 05-29-07, 06:31 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
service entrance cable

I recently purchased a 2 family home for investment. I found that the main electrical wire was in very bad shape. The cable from the pole to the house is fine, but from the connection to the house the insulation around the cable is completely off in certain area's. I guess it had to due with the previous owner upgraded from a 100 amp to a 200 amp panel. I hired an electrician a friend recommended that is suppose to be lic. and insur. So now that I brought you up to speed my question is in the state of PA Wilkes barre -Scraton area is it allowed for the electrician to run service entrance cable along the side of the house and goes into the basement. The cable is not buried turns into the house before it reaches the ground. I thought it should be in pipe but he insisted that it was allowed by code and it did not have to be in pipe. Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-07, 06:17 AM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Bern, NC
Posts: 1,623
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check with your utility company, or local building dept.

In some places conduit is required if the conductors are within a certain distance from a driveway or walkway.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: