No power at outlet

Old 06-09-07, 01:51 PM
No power at outlet

Hi: Neighbor knocked over tree taking out our power. When restored, we had two outlets with no power. Checked panel, and fuses are OK. Also on circuit is direct wired dishwasher, which has no power.

I saw on another post info regarding GFCI circuits. We don't have any on the circuit in question, but could a tripped one be the problem?

Thansk for any suggestions.

Tom - Minnesota

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-07, 02:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I would shut the breaker off for this circuit, then inspect all the receptacles on this circuit to make sure all the connections are tight. If they are all tight, then you may need to replace the receptacles.

I would get a voltage tester to make sure the power is off at each receptacle.

Since you say the diashwasher is out, are these receptacles in a kitchen? If you have ANY GFCI's within the home, or in the breaker panel, try and reset them.

Old 06-09-07, 02:47 PM
You think the outlets could go bad just from the quick power cut off? I can replace the receptaples no problem.

On the circui are two outlets which have the washer dryer, plugged in and the line ends at the dishwasher

Old 06-09-07, 03:32 PM
I doubt that a receptacles is bad. I suspect an open circuit, meaning a wire has become disconnected or is lose.

Old 06-09-07, 06:19 PM
The length of the wire run is not long, but most of it is unaccessible, but there is one junction box prior to the recepticle. Would you start looking for loose connections at the recepticle?

Old 06-09-07, 07:16 PM
I would look for an open at each and every junction box.