installing a triple box with 2 receptacles and one switch

Old 06-15-07, 01:42 PM
installing a triple box with 2 receptacles and one switch

hi

my old kitchen situation required having a power bar plugged into my only receptacle, so i could keep my blender, coffee maker, coffee grinder etc plugged in at the same time (although i never used them all at the same time).

now i am installing new cabinets and countertop and decided this would be a good time to install a second box with new receptacles, about 4 feet from the current box. to complicate things i would like to install a triple box, with two receptacles and one switch for turning on "undercounter" halogen lights...

its a 15A fuse and there are few other things on that particular circuit, but i am wondering if there is any tricks i need to know to make this work... ie, how do i connect the 2 new receptacles and switch together and in what order.

i am sure simular questions have been asked but after searching the forum i thought my own post might be usefull

thanks
jeff

Last edited by wolfgangubi; 06-15-07 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-07, 01:59 PM
In the US you would be required to bring this entire setup up to code and you would not be able to have your under cabinet lights on the same circuit (unless they are plug in type).

I am not familiar with Canadian codes, so I can;t help you there. However,, I can tell you that you should run at least one new circuit.