Newbie alert - Power adaptor help


Old 06-17-07, 03:48 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 4
Question Newbie alert - Power adaptor help

Ok, guess i should start by saying hello everyone! My name is Ash, i am in the Uk and I am in need of some electrical direction. If its is ok to make my first post a question, then here goes.

I have digibox (freeview);

Model: DFTA11

The problem is, the power adaptor for this unit has packed in and i need to buy a new one. What i am struggling with is finding one that is suitable, only because of my lack of electrical knowledge. I have taken all the info from the adaptor and tried looking for one, but to be honest i dont know what i can and cant use, so i dont want to risk blowing the unit up.

What i am hoping i can do is, post a pic of the adaptor (with its info) and the same for the box and if someone could tell me what i can use, or even better, find me a suitable one from the website below. I know i might be asking alot, but if you dont ask, you never get. Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance


Pic of power adaptor - this is the info on the back of the plug (

Pic of digibox - this is the digi box it is to be used on

Website to look on - this is the website i am trying to find one on

Hope you can help

Last edited by mofofunk; 06-17-07 at 04:00 AM. Reason: info update
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-07, 07:03 AM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Bern, NC
Posts: 1,623
From the Jentec web site I found this tx will work. AF1206E

I do not have much time today, but I found this site that you can surf for companies that might carry the tx.

I do not know the voltage of the wall outlets in the UK. The tx you spec has a range of 100 to 120. Yours only needs the actual voltage to be in that range. You need the 6 vdc to be right on, and the amps can be 1.5 or a little higher. Maybe as much as 2 amps would be ok.

good luck.
Old 06-17-07, 07:15 AM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 1,338
You might want to inquire locally; this sort of power supply should be a commodity. In the US you could probably find one at any number of electronics, hobby, or discount stores.

You just need an input or primary voltage of 100-240 Volts AC at 50-60 Hz and an output of 6 Volts DC at 1.5A, with the plug polarity as shown. I am not sure about the symbols on the bottom line of your photo but maybe someone else knows.

I searched on the CPC website that you linked. They had a nice selector system under "Mains adapters" but I couldn't find what you need.

Also I am not sure this is the best forum for questions like this. You may get better results in a consumer electronics forum.
Old 06-19-07, 07:51 PM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,834
Do you have a Maplin Electronics store near you? The following thread mentions Maplin:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes