Flipping breaker for GFI and Water Tank

Old 07-01-07, 03:30 PM
Unhappy Flipping breaker for GFI and Water Tank

I was filling my daughter's pool (3 ft x 12 ft) and I noticed that my water had stopped. I still had 30 lbs. pressure in the tank (5 ft. x 2 ft. Well/trol) and found that the breaker to the GFI had flipped. I reset it and the tank acted like it wanted to come on but then GFI breaker flipped in box again. The actual GFI recepticle was not pushed out - there is one right by the box and there is one in the bathroom. When I kept trying to work with it, I could get the well to come on, the water to flow but then the GFI breaker AND the well breaker kept flipping. The only thing that happened differently today was that while I was filling the pool my husband used a very old compressor to nail a piece of furniture and it has a tendency to flip breakers because of the draw. It did not flip while he was using it for less than 5 minutes today but now I have this problem with the GFI and Water Tank breakers. Suggestions-Should I replace the actual GFI recepticle? Should I replace the breakers in the box? The tank is retaining pressure and building when it can come on and pump at well is coming on. My father had 6 daughters and I turned out to be his only son.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-07, 05:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What does the GFCI receptacle control, and how were you using it? How is the well pump tied into all this? If you had pressure in the tank, you still should have had water flow.

Old 07-01-07, 06:26 PM
Your tale is very confusing. We need to know the setup. How are these breakers related and what breaker(s) is(are) tripping?