rough electrical inspection

Old 07-04-07, 06:03 AM
rough electrical inspection

Will have rough electrical inspection soon. Can anyone tell me what what to do at main panel? I have wires run to panel but not hooked up. Outlet and switch boxes mounted and wires marked aand rolled up inside boxes.

Thanks

Frank

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-07, 06:09 AM
nap
it seems every inspector in the world looks for different things. In my rough ins, all I worry about are things that will be enclosed by the wall coverings.

You may want to call you local inspector and find out if he expects or looks for anything in particular.

If you want the service hot, you should have the grounding electrode system installed, the service riser (if applicable installed w/wire and connected and any appropriate bonding completed as possible, the meter base and appropriate conduit and/or wiring in place and terminated.

Old 07-04-07, 06:40 AM
Rough In

Make sure each cable coming into the panel is labeled whether the inspector requires it or not. It will save you a multitude of headaches after the wiring is concealed. Good luck with your project.

Old 07-04-07, 08:59 AM
You want me to take a picture? Im upgrading my personal home to 200 amps, and I could take a picture of the panel board.

Old 07-04-07, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the tips! This isnt a new service just split a room in half to add a bathroom. I ran 2 circuits one for outlets ( GFI ) 12. One for lighting and exhaust fan 14.

One other question. For items that are hard wired such as exhaust fan. Is a box required above it? I would think not since there is a box on the fan. And for rough inspection do I wire the fan or just let the wires hang out of the hole?

Thanks Again

Old 07-04-07, 12:47 PM
nap
If there is a box on the appliance, then no, you do not need an additiaonal box.

if the fan is in place, I would go ahead and wire it.