Old circuit Wiring

Old 07-08-07, 04:04 PM
Old circuit Wiring

A couple years ago I disconnected a circuit I had run into my bedroom for a 220V Air Conditioning unit. I was using #12 wire. I took the wire loose from the recp box and also disconnected it from the Service panel because I no longer used the 220V unit. I recently bought a 110V Air Conditioning unit and it works fine. However the instructions recommend using a individual circuit for the unit. I would like to reuse the ckt I disconnected however the wire is to short to go back into the Service Panel box. Can someone tell me the proper way per code that I can extended this wiring back into the service panel? The A/C unit I bought is 10 amps so the #12 wire I am trying to use should be large enough. The way it is now I keep tripping the breaker for my bedroom when I use things like the Vacuum together with other combinations of lights,TV, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Larry

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-07, 04:09 PM
Install a junction box (which needs to be permanently accessible) and splice on a new piece of 12-2 cable.

Old 07-08-07, 04:18 PM
Old Circuit Wiring

Guess I will have to run a new ckt as my Service Panel is located on the other side of my Living Room Wall. Sure Thank you for the help. Larry

Old 07-08-07, 06:35 PM
Install a junction box (which needs to be permanently accessible) and splice on a new piece of 12-2 cable.

Is there some reason you dont want to do this?

Old 07-08-07, 06:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
For future reference, next time just disconnect that circuit and cap the wires individually, instead of cutting them.