Power regulator/protector??

Old 07-25-07, 02:07 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Power regulator/protector??

Does anyone have any idea about a device that helps protect the household power coming into the home that regulates any surges or radical power flucuations? I'm not talking about individual power strips that plug into an otutlet, I'm talking about something that would probably connect to the main breaker box. I thought I heard someone on "This Old House" talking about whole house protection. Anyone know of such a device and what it's called? Purchased relatively easily? Thanks a lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 07-25-07, 02:08 PM
R
Whole house surge protector

Old 07-25-07, 04:14 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Many utilities offer them for a monthly fee. Unlike a quality power strip, AFIK, none of the whole house units offer any guarantee if the the unit doesn't stop a surge.

Old 07-25-07, 06:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
Square D offers a warranty on their whole house surge protector. If I remember so do Intermatic and Cutler-Hammer.

Old 07-25-07, 06:34 PM
This is a link to Eaton Canada's website and has lots of info on their whole house surge suppression products. I'm sure that the US version would not be much different (maybe different pricing). http://eatoncanada.ca/surge/

I know Cutler Hammmer offers a warranty on the product itself and they do offer a limited warranty on the devices protected if the unit doesnt stop a surge (usually limited to repair or replacement of the device at their discretion).

Last edited by Rollie73; 07-25-07 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to paste the link D'UH!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: