Primary wire in floor lamp

Old 08-06-07, 04:40 PM
Primary wire in floor lamp

I asked this question on the Lighting,etc. forum and didn't get any response. Maybe you guys can help

I'm about to rewire an old lamp. It has a three-way bulb on one switch and three conventional bulbs that light; first one, than two than all three on another switch. The outlet cord is standard 18ga lamp cord. The internal wiring appears to be 16ga. It is labeled UL E26019, and AA126 cord. I couldn't find any reference to those designations on the net.

My question is can I safely use 18ga, 90 degrees C, 600V primary wire for the switch wiring? It would be a lot easier to follow than looking for the ribs on lamp cord in the mass of wiring that this things got.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Gary

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-07, 07:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
What are the max wattages of the bulbs?

Old 08-07-07, 10:51 AM
Smile

TWO CENTS FROM A NOVICE ______ Don't forget that when your'e all done, the little brass tab inside the sockets receive the "hot" wire and the shell of the socket receives the grounded conductor (your new plug I'm sure is what I think they call "polarized". Meaning you can only plug it into your receptacle one way rather than two ways).

Old 08-07-07, 04:55 PM
If it were me, I'd try and use 105 degree wire.