Breaker location by size?

Old 09-11-07, 06:53 PM
Breaker location by size?

Does it matter where breakers are located in the panel? i.e.- should higher amp be at the top of the box?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-07, 06:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
No, it does not matter AT ALL.

"1. This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 113 seconds."

Gotta love flood control.

Old 09-11-07, 07:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Some panels do have a limit for connected loads on the same buss connections. This would apply for large breakers located across from each other (horizontally).

Old 09-12-07, 12:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In my opinion, you should give at least a little thought to balancing the load between legs. Most people say in a residential setting, it's not worthwhile, but thinking a little bit about what the more "constant" loads are, and putting them on opposite legs can't hurt. For example, if you have a fridge in the kitchen and freezer in the garage, it probably makes sense to put them on different legs. Same if you have 2 window ACs (120v). Don't go crazy, and don't spend a lot of time figuring, but it's worth a few minutes of thought.

Old 09-12-07, 03:47 PM
unforetally it dont matter where light current drawage and hevey current drawage in the breaker box but some breaker box will warn not to get both hevey drawage breaker on the same bussbar tab [ not very often on resdentail area ].

I will say very few breaker box will state this but kinda rarelty to see it happend

Merci, Marc