mp250- dance club lighting.

Old 09-18-07, 03:23 PM
mp250- dance club lighting.

i recently bought one from a garage sale. and i cant seem to work it. i plug it in the light goes on my nothing else seems to power up. not fans, motors, not lights, not even the led menu display.

can someone advice me on some of the things that may be wrong with it? could it be the transformer? ic chips? ballast?, fuse?, igniter? anything would help.

i forgot to mention that im not a great electonic guy so the simpliest term possible.

thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-07, 05:58 AM
There are all sorts of dance club lights. I would research what you have and start there. Terms might include DJ lights, club lighting, studio lighting, dance lighting, etc. Check out what local music equipment stores carry since that may give you a clue as to what you have.

Old 09-19-07, 07:39 AM
i have researched the fixture and was made by a company called coer. there may be wroong with the circuit board?

any suggestions?

Old 09-19-07, 07:48 AM
quick question

what wopuld happen if my device is rated (assuming) 120v and i plug it into a 220v?

how would i check the proper voltage rating on my device? It really doesnt say anyhing.

Thanks

Old 09-19-07, 07:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Depends on the appliance, but it would most likely burn out fast or possibly catch on fire.

Plugs and receptacles for 240V and 120V are different shapes, so you can't accidentally plug one in the other.

What is the appliance in question? Does it have any electrical requirement markings on it at all?

Old 09-19-07, 09:40 AM
faulty transformer?

im getting 120v on the line. but the LEDs on the cicuit board is not lite on. is that beacause the low voltage side of the transformer is bad? anything to do with an ic chip?
the fuses are ok.

any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, icecream

Old 09-19-07, 10:00 AM
You are going to have to be far more specific with your questions.

What sort of 'transformer'?

How is it connected?

What is it connected to?

How are you measuring things?

What are _all_ of the symptoms that you see?

Small 'wall wart' transformers for electronics can fail, can have fuses blow, etc. Additionally, some electronic devices have various internal protection features, eg. fuses or TVS components which can burn out. Finally, it is very common to have a wire or connector fail on the cords that connect transformers to electronics, or even the power cord going into a transformer.

-Jon

Old 09-19-07, 10:01 AM
hehe figured what my problem was

thanks, iceream

Old 09-19-07, 10:04 AM
I have merged all your threads together, since it seems they all refer to the same device.

Please do not start separate threads for the same issue.