compressor motor wiring for 220V single phase

Old 09-23-07, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
compressor motor wiring for 220V single phase

can you help me with the wiring of a compressor motor for 220V on the name tag DOERR EMERSON ELECTRIC DEFINITE PURPOSE COMPRESSOR MOTOR LR22132 MODEL T?3BXCCT1233 MFG NO F998 HP SPL DUTY CONT FRAME 56 TYPE t ROT CCW VOLTS 120/240 HZ 60 RPM 3450 PH 1 Further information on the tag is not readable anymore MODEL T?3BXCCT1233 can be T63BXCCT1233 or T83BXCCT1233 The motor is part of a campbell hausfeld 20 gallon / 125 PSI MAX aircompressor Model VS500602AJ The motor is now wired for 120V With this setting very often a fuse is blown Therefor I like to change the wiring to 240V input Can you direct me to where to find/get the wiring diagram for the 240V input or cantell me how to wire the motor. pictures in: http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff133/awsaua/

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-07, 10:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Nice pics, Emerson hates to give info over the web.
This is too risky to just guess. I have some ideas but I don't feel right putting them out there.

Try www.emersonmotors.com

They will probably help you.

Old 09-23-07, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You toook good pictures but not of the right stuff.

Please post a viewable picture of the wiring diagram on the bottom half of that nameplate even if it is hard to read.
Also it looks like someone may have taken the capacitor off this motor... do you know if this ture?

If that isn't a wiring diagram on the bottom of the nameplate look on the inside of the wiring cover you took for lyour pictures of the wire terminations and see if there is a diagram there. Take picture and post it.

Roger

Old 10-27-07, 07:59 AM
Roger and lectriclee

The problem was that the wiring on the tag of the motor was unreadable and there was no diagram inside the cover.
So far I have tried numerous times to get in contact with Emerson, without any success, but got a good technician at Campbell Hausfeld. He has send me pictures on how to change the wiring from 120V to 220V. So I changed the wires and installed new capacitors as they were bad. [I took the pict with the capacitors removed] <o></o>
When I started the compressor the motor was working, but it was as if the running capactor was failing I guess. It reminded me at the sound of a 4 cylinder car where one cylinder was not fired.<o></o>
It took half a minute and then the smaller capacitor [i suppose the running capacitor] blew up.<o></o>
So now I have to tackle that.<o></o>
Do you have any experience with this?

In the past I runned the compressor in different places on 120V but lots of times it blew up fuses as the breakers were just not enough to restart the compressor after some time. When the motor stopped working I decided to have it wired for 220V and bought new capacitors at Grainger [both running and starting] .

Old 05-30-09, 05:27 PM
i know this is an old thread but i was wondering if u still had those pictures you could post or who do i talk to at campbell hausfeld to get those pictures. i have the same compressor that im trying to convert back to 115v as i dont have 220 in my apt garage