solder

Old 10-17-07, 01:51 PM
solder

i am soldering a delicate fine wire is there a glue or adhesive that is conductive so i dont have to solder

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-07, 03:17 PM
silver loaded epoxy

but fine wires are soldered all the time. Is the wire actually a material that is solderable?

Old 10-18-07, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by BLZNDAV View Post
i am soldering a delicate fine wire is there a glue or adhesive that is conductive so i dont have to solder
None that I've ever seen or heard about.

steve

Old 10-18-07, 12:15 PM
Group Moderator
What kind of solder and what are you using to solder it with? A gun or an adjustable soldering pen is best if the joint is such that low temperature solder is ok.

If you are soldering motor leads with high temperature silver solder using an oxy-acetylene torch that is tricky but I have seen #22 and smaller soldered by a pro so keep trying. My not recommended technique was to heat the solder first and get a small drop melted on to the wire. Then heat the wire and solder till the solder flowed. Recommended procedure is to heat the wire till it will melt the solder but on very small copper wire I tended to melt the wire.

Old 10-19-07, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by BLZNDAV View Post
Conductive glue is sold for repair of heat elements in rear window heating for cars, this is may not solve your need, but it's the only one I have heard about.

When we need to glue somthing at work, we use to ask Loctite, they use to come up with a solution.
Probably many others may help too; 3M?
Holdtite?....

dsk