Plaster on Brick

Old 10-08-07, 12:24 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Plaster on Brick

I have plaster walls that are attached to the exterior walls of my house with thin (1/2") strips of wood. I'm trying to install 3 new boxes, and I have enough room to fish the wire, but not to get a box.

There is on box in this wall already and you can see where they dug into the block to make the space. The hole is very smooth. How'd they do that?.....and how should I?

Old 10-08-07, 06:11 PM
L
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by sreitz2001
I have plaster walls that are attached to the exterior walls of my house with thin (1/2") strips of wood. I'm trying to install 3 new boxes, and I have enough room to fish the wire, but not to get a box.

There is on box in this wall already and you can see where they dug into the block to make the space. The hole is very smooth. How'd they do that?.....and how should I?
Boxes were installed durring construction.
Buy, borrow,beg (rent) a hammer drill/chisel and have at it.
It won't be smooth.. But it will be recessed.

Old 10-18-07, 10:07 PM
D
Brick wall...

Yup, that's what I did ( inside the house though). I used a hammer drill and drilled a bunch of small holes around the perimeter of the drawing I traced out on the brick wall. Then I drilled some more in the middle, and started chiseling away with a chisel and a hammer ( of course I was wearing eye protection as well as some construction gloves ). It was a little time consuming, but it was worth the trouble. It took me longer to figure out what I was going to do to get the box in that small gap between the brick wall and the surface of the plaster.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: