sub panel application or not?

Old 10-19-07, 01:50 PM
sub panel application or not?

First, I am green so go easy on me! I have a moblehome singlewide with a 2 year old breaker panel. I am attaching another singlewide to the first (don't laugh to hard). HILLBILLY!
Allready done the structure and plumbing now the poser?
Can I take the additions panel to the meter or should it be set up as a subpanel off of the 1st mobile. There will be only outlets, lights and hot water heater, no 220 or appliances.

My sevice is sufficiant. I have the (4) wire left over from when they installed the original mobile and the conduet.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-07, 01:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The panel in the addition mobile should be be installed as a subpanel off the existing mobile home's main panel. Make certain this is a four wire feeder -- it should be already as most mobile homes are built with four wire.

If you reuse the conduit, pull the wires out, then glue the conduit, let it dry, then pull the wires back in. Don't expose the wires to PVC glue. Also, what is the type and gauge of the wire you intend to use?

Are you actually connecting the two single wides together long-ways like a double wide? Or making a "tunnel" to connect at one point? I guess you could be making an "L" or a "T" too!

Old 10-19-07, 02:28 PM
I am connecting Like an H using the original mobles tip out as the pass thru the so the livingrooms fall togather perfect.

It is four wire and I will use the same kind of conduet not the same one it will in it's own. We purchaced a new panel and way more of both wire and conduet when the first moble was set. because It was not set, we were not sure how much we would need and wanted to make sure we had plenty.

Old 10-19-07, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the input. Sometimes us "do it yourself "displaced homemakers need a little advice easeir to get it from people you don't know!
Soon I shall be in power! (I hope)

Thanks again!