Wall outlet

Old 10-20-07, 08:51 PM
Wall outlet

Can anybody advise me?
I have an electric socket outlet in one of the rooms in the house. I need to remove the socket and do not wish to replace it. How can I plug the live wires. The exposed wires are six in number. Can anybody tell me exactly how to plug the wires. individually or in pairs?

Your response will be appreciated.

Geoff

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-07, 11:26 PM
Group Moderator
I presume you mean a receptacle. Why do you want to remove it? Please give detailed info on how all the wires are connected. By 6 wires do you mean 2 each white, black, bare?

Old 10-21-07, 06:24 AM
Don;t know why you want to remove the receptacle, you can't cover or hide the box, so you would have to install a blank plate. The blank plate will still be visible, but it;s your house.

You have to connect the wires together that were connected together via the receptacle. Any wires that were not connected via the receptacle need to be individually capped.

You did make detailed notes as to how the wires were connected and you do have the receptacle to see if the eithr tab was removed, right?

Old 10-21-07, 12:42 PM
We cannot really give you good advice until we know why you "need" to remove this receptacle. What is the larger project?