New Thermostat-No Heat???

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-07, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New Thermostat-No Heat???

Hello maybe you guys/gals can save me a service call. I have a Rheem Seer 10 Criterion II Heat Pump with gas assist. I replaced the old mercury thermostat with a Honeywell rth3100c. Everything was peachy this summer with the AC. Now its cooling off and the Heat Pump isnt doing its job(my fault im sure). Heres the run down:
Thermo says "Heat On" and the inside fan is running but the outside unit is not until you set it 2 or 3 degrees over inside temp. At that setting you get "Aux Heat On" and the gas assist kicks on and the outside unit still does not run. Heats like a SOB with the gas running but notta without it. I am hoping i have it wired wrong so here is how i have my Thermostat wired.
Tan/pink? - C
Blue - B
Red -R
Green -G
Yellow -Y
White -E
And a jumper from E to Aux

I have two slots open which are O (orange im guessing) and L(no idea) but no other wires.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

PS i manually turned on the outside unit while the heat pump was trying to heat without gas and it worked fine.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-07, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This problem has been cross-posted in four different forums. If you would like to help Mr. Name with his problem, post in the thread that currently has the most action:

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=321612

Closed Thread