inoperative electrical outlets.

Old 10-23-07, 10:50 AM
inoperative electrical outlets.

Hello to all. This weekend I was replaceing a u-joint in the garage. The slip yoke slipped off the vise and cut my drop light cord in half. thereafter noticed the following outlets inop. garage, both upstair bathrooms, downstairs bathroom, outside outlet and one kitchen outlet. what could i have done? Thanks is advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-07, 10:55 AM
Find the GFCI that protects these receptacles and reset it. You tripped the GFCI.

Old 10-23-07, 05:50 PM
Gfci tripped.
Look in garage, bathrooms, outdoor receptacles, unfinished basement receptacles.

Old 10-23-07, 06:47 PM
Okay, here's how this usually goes. We tell you that you have a tripped GFCI. You tell us that you don't have any GFCI. We tell you to look harder. You tell us that you found one, but that it wasn't tripped. We tell you to press the reset button anyway. You tell us that it didn't help. We tell you to find other GFCI. You tell us that you don't have any more. We tell you that you do, and tell you to look harder. You find one more, and reset it, but insist that this is absolutely the last one you have. We tell you to look harder. Two weeks go by. You post back to say that you finally called an electrician and he charged you $50 to press the reset button on a GFCI that you didn't know was there, and you ask us why in the world there would be a GFCI in that location.

Try to cut through this process and save yourself the $50.