Main panel, neutral and ground termination

Old 11-09-07, 06:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Main panel, neutral and ground termination

I had an electrican install a new 100 amp service for me a few months ago. At the time, I have just a handful of existing circuits but wish to add to them. My question is regarding the neutral buss and the ground buss. In my panel they are physically tied together by way of a green ground screw making the link betwen them complete. The neutral buss is on the left, ground on the right. What I noticed is that the electrician had a couple of the branch circuit neutrals and a couple ground wires terminated on the neutral buss and the same thing over on the ground buss. Essentially, whatever side of the panel the branch circuits entred on, thats where he he terminated them. Like I said, I know that the neutral and ground are physically bonded at the main panel. I just wondred if that is ok to be doing it that way for the branch circuits I intend to add? Many thanks, Scott

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-07, 07:09 PM
Yes, this is not only okay, it is standard practice at the main panel. This way the neutrals and ground wires do not have to cross the panel.

Old 11-09-07, 07:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to make sure before I get this thing inspected.