Please Advise: Portable A/C Not Leaking Water

Old 11-19-07, 08:29 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Please Advise: Portable A/C Not Leaking Water

Dear All:

I have a portable A/C (the one that you stick the vent out the window, but the entire unit is inside). The A/C has a water box that I would have to take out and empty. I used to do it about once per day over an 10 hour usage. However, for the past month, my A/C has not been leaking any water. The water box is completely dry. When I shake the system, I couldn't hear any water as well. The setting for this portable A/C is on "cool" (not dry). Is this normal? Should this be a cause for concern?

Please advise, thanks.

Samson

Old 11-20-07, 05:00 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,165 Votes on 1,123 Posts
Is it still cooling like it used to?

Old 11-20-07, 05:26 AM
J
Received 442 Votes on 367 Posts
What is the relative humidity? If it is low then there is little or no water in the air to remove.

Old 11-20-07, 01:07 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I do live in LA so it is typically dry here. But I've been in LA since I started using this A/C (over a year now), and I'd had to empty the water box consistently before a month ago. Now it is completely patched.

And yes, it does cool like it used to -- nothing has changed in regards to the air that's blowing out, which is why I'm confused.

Could a pipe be clogged up in my A/C? Does it sound like I should call an engineer to check my system? On one hand, I don't want my A/C to break down, but, on the other hand, I also don't want to waste money getting this serviced if it isn't necessary. Thanks -Samson

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: