Industrial wirring ?

Old 01-17-08, 01:16 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Industrial wirring ?

Long story short, I was enrolled at the vo tech for residential industrial electricity. I finished all my residential section and decided I want to be back at my regular school and change to college prep. I still however love to learn and want to teach myself as much as I can about the industrial aspect of it all, three phase, motor controls, all that stuff. I aspire to be an electrical engineer now rather than join the union. So could anyone of you pros recommend good books to read to learn more about the industrial side? I do love learning ...

Old 01-17-08, 02:38 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Old 01-17-08, 05:09 PM
D
Mike Holt code forum is definately a great place to learn your stuff and it's free! Once you get your feet wet, see if you can get your hands on the IEEE Red Book. There is also a lot of free stuff on the internet, but remember it may not always be right or true, depending on the author/organization. Bussman website has some good info as well.

Old 01-17-08, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by burkej62
...I aspire to be an electrical engineer...could anyone of you pros recommend good books to read to learn more about the industrial side? I do love learning ...
Forget about the good books. If you want to be an EE or any kind of an engineer you will need to change your mind set from hands-on to academics, think hanging out with the nerds and perusing engineering forums is better than sex. 60% of would-be engineers never make it. Right now be the best you can be in math. It would be wise to take trig, analytic geometry, and finish a freshman calculus course before you start engineering school. Buy a good scientific calculator and master its use. Unless you are super bright, plan to do little else but study in your first year.

It’s worth the effort. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: