Gas Dryer Power Requirement?

Old 02-04-08, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Dryer Power Requirement?

I just converted from Electric dryer to gas dryer so i went out and bought front whirlpool duet front loaders. My question is i want to know which is the best circuit to put it on. I have one outlet next to the dryer which is also on the same circuit as my refridgerator or should i plug it into the outlet which the front loading washer is plugged into which is on its own 20 amp circuit? I would have converted the 220v to 120 but it is 3 wire so i don't think this is possible. I just want to know which outlet is less likely to trip the breaker? Running a new circuit would be a real hassle i would have to open up all my ceilings and i would really like to avoid it Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-08, 02:13 AM
plug it in with the washer, neither use too much juice. leave the 220 alone.

Old 02-05-08, 09:34 AM
Ok Thanks thats what i wanted to do but the book kind of steered away from that because both books say that each unit should be on a dedicated circuit thanks

Old 02-05-08, 10:33 AM
Is this some fancy European Miele washer?

It is unthinkable to me that they'd require a 220v 30amp circuit for a washer, but that probably isn't the case here.

Old 02-05-08, 11:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
The Duet and similar machines have high-speed extraction motors which can pull some juice compared to the regular units. Does the manual say dedicated circuits are recommended or required? If the existing washer circuit is 20A, I would say go ahead and share that one. If the existing circuit is 15A, you might want to pull a new circuit. I would probably at least try the machines together before pulling a new circuit.