Splice middle of 10/3 Dryer line to lengthen?

Old 02-19-08, 05:58 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Splice middle of 10/3 Dryer line to lengthen?

Hi all;

Hope you can help, I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and unfortunatly the people that built my town home ran the 220 Dry line thru my Soffit, which I removed.

So I have to lentghen the line that supplies my Dryer. It is a 10/3 (3 wires plus a bare ground) 30A 220-240V line. I can't really get to the panel to run into the back of that, and I can't get to the back of the dryer.

Here is the question. Can I use 2 junction boxes to lengthen my run to properly reroute this line... First run is from main panel to a Junction Box, then run new 10/3 to a second junction box, then finally in that second junction box reconnect the original line to finish my run to the dryer?

All boxes will be mounted in my attic an accesible.

Thanks
-Craig

Old 02-19-08, 06:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
Your plan sounds fine.

To make it easy on yourself use a deep box to make your splices in. Be sure to add a blank cover and add protection so the cables will not get stepped on or have storage placed on them.

Old 02-19-08, 04:31 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
there is no issue with that setup you describing and it will be wise idea to write it on top of the box what it go for in case someone else is trobleshooting it so they will know what to look for.

Merci, Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: