new service

Old 02-22-08, 08:06 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 55
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new service

I have a client who has a double meter can and two 100 amp panels with their own main breakers.The house used to have a seperate apt but now is a one family.Client wants to get rid of the monthly $20.00 charge for the second meter.Question is what is the best way to do this?Put in 200 amp service and put all wires to new panel or new service with 200 amp breaker refeeding each 100 amp panel as sub feeds?
Old 02-22-08, 08:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 9,785
Upvotes: 0
Received 45 Upvotes on 43 Posts
If the inspector will go for it, I'd just replace the two meters with one double-lugged 200A meter and run each 100A panel from that.
Old 02-22-08, 08:58 AM
zachh1020's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beautiful Vincennes, IN
Posts: 198
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That sounds like it should work. Shouldn't be all that expensive either.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: