Another Negative Ion Generator Question??

Old 02-29-08, 08:35 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Another Negative Ion Generator Question??

I a have question about some DIY Ion Generators that you might be able to answer for me. I found two different ones. One of them is a (120VAC (7.5kV Output) Negative Ion Generator), and the other is a (12VDC (15kV Output) Negative Ion Generator). Which one of these would be more powerful, giving off the most Negative Ions? One is set at 7.5kV and can operate directly from standard 120VAC, and the other is set at 15kV from 12VDC (and can even operate from a 9V battery at slightly reduced output). I would want to use the one that produces more. It would seem to me that the one running off of household current would be stronger.

Last edited by pancho12; 02-29-08 at 08:37 PM. Reason: worded wrong
Old 03-01-08, 05:30 AM
N
i would say its a draw, the 120v model will be more reliable and not need recharging but will probably produce less. The dc however will probably produce more in the same amount of time, but will not last as long as it will need new batteries. A continuous dc supply would be the overall best.

Old 03-01-08, 11:19 AM
P
Originally Posted by nova_gh
i would say its a draw, the 120v model will be more reliable and not need recharging but will probably produce less. The dc however will probably produce more in the same amount of time, but will not last as long as it will need new batteries. A continuous dc supply would be the overall best.
I believe you're right, the 120v would be alot less hassle too! Thanks!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: