Circuit Wiring Question

Old 03-15-08, 07:52 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Circuit Wiring Question

Hello. I would like some feedback on whether or not this proposed circuit wiring is correct, or what problems there might be with it...

20 amp breaker in box.

12/2 (with ground) Romex cable from breaker to 3 gang wall box.

In box, black wire spliced (using wire nut junction) to feed three switches (A, B, C).

Switch (A) controls three light sockets mounted to ceiling

Switch (B) controls four outlets for use with flourescent fixtures mounted to ceiling.

The wiring to the ceiling lights are in conduit, and lights for Switches (A) and (B) share same common white wire, which is pigtailed out to the sockets and outlets. White wire junctioned in switch box with white from 12/2 supply Romex and common for Switch (C) lights.

Switch (C) controls outside lights (two single-light fixtures).

Is it OK to supply all three switches as proposed, as well as to share the common between the two sets of lights?

Be easy on my ignorance, I want to learn the right way to do things. Thanks for the help!

Old 03-15-08, 08:05 PM
nap
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with your install.

Old 03-15-08, 08:19 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
sound pretty good plans but however you did not mention what location this is and will this place is detached or attached garage ? and the other reason why i mention that because in 08 code cycle they are more stricter they have everything have to be GFCI'ed

Merci, Marc

Old 03-15-08, 09:15 PM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. This will be in a detached garage.

I have thought about the switch (C) being part of a three-way circuit, with a S-L-S arrangement. There would be the three-way switch (C) in the 3-gang box, with 12/3 wiring to a junction box from which the 14/2 line to the lights and 12/3line to the other three-way switch would be junctioned.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: