Powerless Garage

Old 03-30-08, 10:28 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Powerless Garage

I had plans to add on to my house to make it more comfortable for a family member who has since passed on. In the process the power lines leading into the garage where cut. Plans to add on has changed, but I still need power in the garage. Thinking about installing a sub panel. Is it possible to put the juice from the main panel? If so, how would i go about doing that....

Old 03-30-08, 10:37 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
first thing i did for you i move the post to this one to make it easiser for members to read this.

ok you want a subpanel in the garage there are few diffrent size you can chose but what i know most common is either 40 or 60 amp size subfeed box

i dont know how big the exsting breaker/ fuse box you got in the house right now and do you have any room for extra breaker in there ?

to run the subfeed box you will need to run 4 wire to the subfeed you will need 8-3 with ground UF wire [ 40 amp size ] or 6-3 with ground UF wire [ 50 amp size ]

or can run in PVC conduit underground with one of the two wire size either #8 [ 40 amp ] or #6 [ can use with 60 amp but normally i used 50 amp breaker ] with THHN/THWN wires [ Black , Red, white and green wire ]

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: