Help wiring a socket near the pool light switch

Old 04-09-08, 08:09 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help wiring a socket near the pool light switch

I am attempting to add low voltage lighting to the outside of my house. Currently, there is a single pole switch for the pool light on my back fence (actually mounted atop a metal pole containing the electrical line). This switch is on a GFCI switch located in the breaker box. I want to add a new junction box which contains a switch for the pool light and a plug for the low voltage lighting. Do I need a GFCI plug? If so, how do I wire the GFCI plug and the light switch? If not, how do I wire the plug and the switch? What else am I missing?

Old 04-09-08, 08:33 AM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Is this pool light the type located under the water level inside the pool (wet niche/dry niche) or does it just light the decking area around the pool?

Old 04-09-08, 03:55 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Let me add to Ibpooks's comment along with swimming pool there is pretty strict code related to the swimming pool system but however how far you will plan to install the new low voltage luminaires ??

once we know little more details then we can able check with the NEC or CEC depnding on the area you are in and see what it stand on the codewise.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: