Fluorescent light fixture problems

Old 05-13-08, 03:43 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluorescent light fixture problems

I have several 4' tube 2 bulb fixtures where the lights turn pink on one end and then eventually burn the bulb out completely. I have tried to change the ballasts to no luck. The only other difference than the normal is they are the 24 emergency light fixtures with a battery pack installed. Some of these fixtures did not have those hooked up to the lights, others did. If I put a new bulb in it will last anywhere from one day to about a month before the pink starts showing. They are wired straight into the breaker so there is no other switch to turn them on/off. I hope someone can help. I don't know what to do next. Thanks

Old 05-13-08, 05:48 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many fluorescent fixtures in all, do you have here? Then, of these total fixtures, how many work as they should, and how many do not?

And of the fixtures that do not - when you put in a new bulb, does it glow good and evenly at first, until it finally turns pink on the end?

Of the bad fixtures, are they grouped together?, or random mixed with the good ones?

Are all the fixtures (good and bad) on one circuit? Or have you found anything like the ones that turn pink are on a different circuit?

Is this a new problem you are having? Or, say, did you just buy or take over maintaining a building with these in it, and this probelm has always been happening?

T12 or T8 bulbs? 120 or 277 volts? Have you tested the volts at the incoming wires before the ballast? Presumably when changing balasts you are getting the right ones rated for that fixture type, and the number of bulbs it has?

You buying the same type bulbs that put out the same type of light color? (i.e., you can buy them so the light has blue-white tint (called "cool white") or a pink-white tint. 4100K and 3500K respectively, labeled that way for T8's anyway.)

Are the ones with the battery packs the ones that turn pink, or not necessarily only those?

Do the battery pack fixtures only serve the ones with the battery pack in them? (i.e., where adjacent fixture without a pack is NOT wired to the other fixture's battery pack?)
Or don't you know that for sure?

Do all these fixtures run 24/7?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: