Westinghouse 110 amp circuit breaker

Old 05-26-08, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Westinghouse 110 amp circuit breaker

I have a subpanel in my basement which controls the AC and pool filter. There is a breaker in my main panel that controls the sub panel, the breaker in the main is tripped and won't snap back. Does this mean that the breaker is no good? I thought that the panel and breakers were supposed to be the same, I have a GE panel and the breaker is a Westinghouse br 2100. It has been in place for 3 years. my question is, if I can't find a Westinghouse replacement, can I use another brand? I'd like to do this replacement myself.
thanks
rj

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-08, 08:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 30 Posts
You really should figure out why it tripped in the first place.

Have you tried to turn the breaker fully off and then on?

Old 05-26-08, 12:19 PM
yes, I tried to flip it. It is stuck in its current position

Old 05-26-08, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by rickarchitect View Post
I have a subpanel in my basement which controls the AC and pool filter. There is a breaker in my main panel that controls the sub panel, the breaker in the main is tripped and won't snap back. Does this mean that the breaker is no good? I thought that the panel and breakers were supposed to be the same, I have a GE panel and the breaker is a Westinghouse br 2100. It has been in place for 3 years. my question is, if I can't find a Westinghouse replacement, can I use another brand? I'd like to do this replacement myself.
thanks
rj

You can replace the breaker with a GE THQL style, Siemens, or Cutler Hammer BR styles, but the GE should be your first choice. Westinghouse is obsolete. Your local home Depot should have all of these in stock. As PC Boss mentioned, you should look into why it tripped in the first place, especially if the replacement breaker trips.

Old 05-26-08, 06:15 PM
Did you try to push the breaker to " off " postion and push it little more due most breakers they have reset postion which you will have to push it more behond the off postion to get it reset.

But however if you allready did that and fail to reset it then you have malfuncting breaker.

Replace the breaker. make sure you get the correct manufacter type if this box is GE then you use the GE breakers it will match up good and most big box and hardware store should stock this brandname on hand.

Before you turn on the subfeed main breaker what you should do first is get all the subfeed breaker in off postion before you turn on the main breaker then turn on the subfeed main breaker first then the rest down the way so you can able tell if this is the only cuprit or other issue will come up with it.

Merci,Marc

Old 05-26-08, 06:26 PM
Received 115 Votes on 105 Posts
Are you sure you don't have fault in the sub panel or the sub panel feeder that is tripping the breaker?