Converting older breaker


Old 06-02-08, 06:56 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Converting older breaker

My Dad needs to replace his breaker but can not find what he needs. His old one is a Westinghouse main breaker with number qfp2te-16248-k, he has went to several different electrical places but no luck, this breaker is obsolete. How do you cross reference to find a replacement? tHANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-08, 07:32 PM
pcboss's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 15,130
Received 78 Votes on 66 Posts
I googled that part number and came back empty. You may want to check that part number.

There are places that specialize in obsolete and hard to find breakers. Google obsolete breakers.

You may find out it will be cheaper to replace the panel.

Last edited by pcboss; 06-02-08 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added new panel note.
Old 06-03-08, 05:08 PM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 13,499
Received 174 Votes on 156 Posts
Why does he need to replace his main breaker? If it is 100amp you could just get a 100 amp breaker and feed that insted of the original main.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: